KG has been at the forefront of legal services to start-ups covering the full spectrum of legal needs of all stakeholders during the lifecycle of the start-up entity (from incorporation, fund raising, launch of product to exit). We support from founders to angel investors and from business incubators to venture capital funds. In particular our involvement includes:
- Determination of the appropriate corporate structure and tax planning;
- Incorporation of the company/establishment;
- Negotiation and drafting of the shareholders agreement;
- Legal structure of the share option pool and drafting of stock option agreements;
- Establishment of incubators;
- Assistance in the strategic planning, negotiation and drafting of the transaction documents for the seed & series financing (either in the form of equity or convertible debt);
- Provision of continuous legal advice to the start-up entities on day-to day issues ranging from IP and data protection issues, to payment services issues, consumer law issues, e-commerce & IT issues and drafting of template agreements;
- Assistance in the exit process of the founders & shareholders (negotiation and drafting of the share purchase agreement and of the entire transaction package for the completion of the exit).
KG has been involved in key innovative markets of the start-up environment, including fin-tech, healthtech, big data & analytics, tourism, proptech, marketing, microelectronics & robotics, internet of things, blockchain, agriculture and foodtech. Mobilizing resources and expertise from its multidisciplinary practice, KG is committed to finding the most practical solutions to accommodate disruptive ideas within a robust legal structure.